Magog: Unguarded
Magog: Unguarded
Swarming Around... cats living with dogs... total chaos.

Monday, March 10, 2003


I just passed a small (about 50-75 people) demonstration in Daley Plaza. From a distance, I saw a few signs about abortion rights and there were several women on stage. There was also a very large sign that stood out: "No More War In Iraq." I was curious as to what the demonstration was ostensibly about; recent events have shown that anti-war protests bring out a variety of agendas. As I neared I heard the main speaker talking about reproductive rights. I certainly have no issue with that, I share her abortion rights stance. However, her closing comments were to "thank everyone for showing up to support the liberation of women." Given the juxtaposition of the "no more war" sign, I assume Iraqi women are not included in this group. Finally, as the talk wound down, she derided the homeless men in Daley plaza for selling Streetwise during their soiree, telling them "this is OUR day." I guess homelessness has to take the day off.

posted by the wolf | 1:36 PM
on this

links
contact info
search
archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com