Magog: Unguarded
Magog: Unguarded
Swarming Around... cats living with dogs... total chaos.

Thursday, March 27, 2003


I often quickly glance at Yahoo for any headline updates on the war. Yahoo typically picks up newswire stories (from AP, UPI, Reuters, etc), but I am not sure if they are producing their own headlines. If I judged what was happening in the war solely on Yahoo's headlines, I would think: 1) things are going very badly for the coalition 2) the coalition forces have done nothing but kill civilians I many have to add a new category: The Misleading Headline
U.S. Force Plans Taking Kirkuk Oil Fields

Note that this is a strategic maneuver, rather than a seizing of the oil fields, which the peaceniks would love to see. And it's easy to assume it means something quite different, especially when the story is accompanied by a picture of a giant oil pipeline.

posted by the wolf | 5:42 PM
on this

links
contact info
search
archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com