Magog: Unguarded
Magog: Unguarded
Swarming Around... cats living with dogs... total chaos.

Thursday, March 27, 2003


Watched the CENTCOM press conference this morning. Some twit actually stood up and told Brigadier General Vincent Brooks (I'm paraphrasing) that the information he supplied was repetitive, that they got the same information from the Pentagon briefings and asked, therefore, why they should bother to even attend? This received a smattering of applause from the other reporters (that is, Iraqi spokespeople). Of course, Brooks' response was polite and even-tempered, but I think it should have gone something like this:
"Well, jackass, for starters, these press conferences are held for your benefit, not mine. No one is holding a gun to your head and making you come here. If you don't like them either 1) ask better questions or 2) stay in your hotel room and stop wasting everyone's time. Frankly, I have better things to do with my time. I'm limited in what I can tell you; there is, after all, a war going on and I have to be sensitive to the security of coalition troops. If you want entertainment value out of a press conference, I suggest you attend those held by the Iraqi leaders. No matter what I tell you, you will ultimately write that the US is indiscriminately bombing civilians, so why don't we cut out the niceties so that both of us can get back to doing our jobs?"

posted by the wolf | 9:55 AM
on this

links
contact info
search
archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com