Magog: Unguarded
Magog: Unguarded
Swarming Around... cats living with dogs... total chaos.

Thursday, April 24, 2003


Glenn Reynolds has a bunch of stuff on looting in Iraq, particularly the museum looting. Personally, I don't think we should get too wrapped up investigating this kind of thing. It's an unfortunate side effect of war and no person's attitude toward the war is going to swing on this issue. Our priorities in war are protecting troops, protecting civilians and achieving objectives. Andrew Sullivan called the failure to protect Iraqi museums "indefensible." I have to disagree; protecting a museum was simply not a luxury we could afford given the priority.

Speak of the devil, Sullivan has a boatload of info on the Santorum controversy (go to April 24 and keep scrolling). My simple perspective is that I disagree with Senator Santorum but I'm not going to join the horde trying to drum him out of office. He's supporting existing laws--again, I disagree with him, but I would rather people make arguments on merit rather than trying to silence opinion. If Santorum should be removed from office, he should be voted out in the next election by his constituents. Of course, as a gay conservative, Sullivan probably has a perspective different from...well, anyone I can think of.

posted by the wolf | 8:23 AM
on this

links
contact info
search
archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com