Magog: Unguarded
Magog: Unguarded
Swarming Around... cats living with dogs... total chaos.

Thursday, April 17, 2003


I have jury duty today. The only thing that hacks me off about jury duty is that they always send me to the criminal courts building on South California, which is decidedly inconvenient for me to get to or get home from. Jury duty itself is a pretty odd rite in the grand landscape of citizenship. It's the only compulsory activity that I can think of that is part of the responsibility of being a US citizen. Is there anything else? You can pretty much live your life without doing much of anything that differentiates you from a denizen of another country, but when that jury duty summons comes along, it's mandatory, and everything else gets put on hold.

posted by the wolf | 8:18 AM
on this

links
contact info
search
archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com