Magog: Unguarded
Magog: Unguarded
Swarming Around... cats living with dogs... total chaos.

Wednesday, April 09, 2003


In what's probably only the first instance of senior Iraqi officials trying to somehow salvage their own hides, their Ambassador to the U.N. has admitted that "the game is over."

"My work now is peace," he said. "The game is over and I hope the peace will prevail. I hope the Iraqi people will have a happy life."
When asked what he thought about the scenes being broadcast from Baghdad, he said, "Well I don't know really, I watch the television like you."

I submit that his work all along has allegedly been peace, and that if he were any good at it, much of his sputtering rhetoric to the Security Council a few weeks ago would not have been heard.

Also, I think that he really does know what the scenes in Baghdad mean, but he's afraid to admit it. Note that he assumes that he will continue to have a job, even though he's one of those who's been living the high life while his people have been tortured, starving, etc. My hope is that the rather expensive residence across the street from Mayor Bloomberg in New York will soon have a new occupant.

posted by Max Power | 4:04 PM
on this

links
contact info
search
archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com