Magog: Unguarded
Magog: Unguarded
Swarming Around... cats living with dogs... total chaos.

Wednesday, April 02, 2003


This story, which probably means a lot more to folks in the Chicago area, strikes me as rather loony. Mayor Daley has obviously had some sort of hard-on for turning Meigs Field into yet another member of the Downtown Park Region for quite some time. Still, I was rather dismayed at the "thief in the night" tactics used by his bull-dozer squad in ripping up the runway under cover of darkness Sunday night. What exactly is he hiding?

If anyone knows, please let me in on the big secret. Include sources, if any, so I know you're not just making stuff up.

My personal opinion is that the "protecting Chicago from terrorism" excuse is bologna. A Piper Cub isn't exactly going to level the Loop. And I'm all for parks, but how about we spread them around a little, instead of packing them all into one lakefront area? Maybe, say, putting a couple here and there where people actually live?

posted by Max Power | 10:19 AM
on this

links
contact info
search
archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com