Magog: Unguarded
Magog: Unguarded
Swarming Around... cats living with dogs... total chaos.

Thursday, August 14, 2003


A coworker told me yesterday that he had had a dream about transvestites based on having seen a snippet of the show "Nip & Tuck." I suggested that we dream not about those things that we are thinking deeply about, but about those offhand bits of information that sneak into our brains and wait until slumber sets in to jump out and insist on being heard. Lo and behold, last night I had what seemed like an eight-hour dream about having sliced off half of my left thumb while making a fruit smoothie. I wasn't terribly bothered by it; the severed portion seemed to fit back nicely where it formerly was, except I was having a dickens of a time finding any real medical help in a building that resembled less a hospital than one of the buildings in THX1138, staffed by friendly but unhelpful folks who kept moving me from one room to another. I felt no pain--indeed, you cannot really feel pain in a dream unless you actually feel it in reality and I was pretty certain no one had wandered into my bedroom during the night to lop off a portion of my thumb. Anyway, I woke up fairly amused by my nighttime adventure except for feeling as exhausted as if it had really happened. On the way to work I purchased the newspaper, as per usual, and saw one of the front page stories was a followup on yesterday's horrible story of a little girl who lost her thumb courtesy of a pit bull.

posted by the wolf | 8:08 AM
on this

links
contact info
search
archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com