Magog: Unguarded
Magog: Unguarded
Swarming Around... cats living with dogs... total chaos.

Friday, August 20, 2004


Yeah, I haven't posted much lately. Ok, I haven't posted at all lately but there are reasons. First, I was on vacation, my last grasp at fun before my trip across the Styx into the Hades that is the culmination of the project I've been on at work for the past 2 1/2 years. So a little bit on my trip, which started in Denver, a surprise for my friend Shelly who, unbeknownst to her, was about to be engaged. When I landed at the confusion that is Denver's international airport, the pilot rolled up to the gate and a man behind me stood up and opened the overhead compartment above me, which promptly released a flurry of magazines, one of which found a target right next to my nose. So, unnerved and bleeding, my vacation was not off to an auspicious beginning. But I survived, despite the scabby knot on my face and had a grand time visiting and drinking (mostly drinking). The following day I was off to the happiest place on earth, VEGA$! Unlike my last foray into the land of eternal fun, I am not posting a lengthy trip report, primarily because it would consist of an endless recitation of toilet paper cards and good cards that simply could not connect with flops. Four days of relentless rotten luck does not make for enjoyable poker and a long-winded report of same does not make for good reading. So suffice to say that four days of bad poker is better than four good days at work, but I won't bore anyone with details. Ok, I will say that I had the benefit of seeing the final table of the WPT, populated by Scotty Nguyen, John Juanda, and none other than Mr. Kotter, Gabe Kaplan, among others. The Hell Project has been successful so far, but the hours are killing me. One hundred and four hours of work since last Saturday to be exact. Spending that much time hunched over a laptop and my back feels like someone transplanted piano wire for muscle and tendons. Tomorrow I sleep in, although the pace picks back up again at noon, CST. Keep the faith, brothers and sisters.

posted by the wolf | 10:19 PM
on this

links
contact info
search
archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com