Wednesday, February 09, 2005
Airline pillows are soon coming off most of American Airlines' domestic flights to cut costs.
Estimated savings: $375,000 a year.
Other cost-saving measures I've noticed on American Airlines in the past year include:
- Not smiling
- Not being polite
- Either not delivering luggage at all, or at least
- Not delivering luggage intact
- Surcharges to do anything or talk to anyone
- Not staffing check-in, baggage claim, or occassionally gate counters
- Not staffing telephones
- Not allowing practical use of frequent flier miles
- Imposing weight limits that prevent travelers from actually packing anything in their luggage
These policies are expected to save American countless passengers this year.
posted by Max Power |