Magog: Unguarded
Magog: Unguarded
Swarming Around... cats living with dogs... total chaos.

Thursday, February 17, 2005

This could only happen to me or Larry David

So I'm on my way to the el this morning with my headphones on, stop to buy a Sun-Times at the box by the el stop. As I'm taking my paper, the door of the box snags the headphone wire dangling down, yanks them out of my ears and slams shut. Now I'm standing there with my headphones snarled in the lock of the newspaper box and I have no more change. The woman selling the Red Line is standing there staring at me, so I ask her if she has any change. You'd think that a person selling a rag that costs a quarter would have some, er, QUARTERS, but no, she doesn't have a single one. So now the two of us are standing there and I'm afraid a crowd is going to gather, but I can't help but laugh because the situation is so ridiculous. Finally another man comes by, I ask him if he has change for a dollar (yes, I fortunatly had one sad single), sorry no...wait...yes he does! So I was able to buy my way out of my Sun-Times prison. Ok, fine, I could have left my headphones there but damn.

posted by the wolf | 8:39 AM
on this

links
contact info
search
archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com