Magog: Unguarded
Magog: Unguarded
Swarming Around... cats living with dogs... total chaos.

Monday, May 23, 2005

To Get Home from the East, I Flew East

I returned home from Japan yesterday. That kind of trip leaves you with a new definition of "tired." I didn't blog anything the whole time over there, mainly because during the first week I was too tired from work, and during the second I preferred to devote my time to actually doing things, rather than writing about them.

I'll try to post some observations and recollections over the next couple of weeks, but I can summarize by saying that it was a wonderful experience in an amazing place.

Today's note -- the gadgets that served me best, of those that I brought along:

  • iPod, with iTrip (87.5 FM worked like a charm in Tokyo)
  • iGo universal adapter for my laptop (DVDs on the plane... ahhh)
  • Canon S50 camera... that thing is just awesome

My Motorola MPx200 phone didn't work over there at all, though I saw the exact same model for sale in Akihabara. I suspect that A.T.& T. blocked the third band, and that there's a way for me to unlock that in the future, should I need to.

I'm off to tackle the sizeable stack of bills and junk mail that piled up in my absence, but more later.

UPDATE:   Cingular tells me that Japan uses a different mobile phone platform, which is why my phone didn't work over there. Supposedly the MPx200 for sale there had different internal hardware enabling it to work with their network. Whatever.

posted by Max Power | 9:58 AM
on this

links
contact info
search
archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com