Magog: Unguarded
Magog: Unguarded
Swarming Around... cats living with dogs... total chaos.

Monday, August 08, 2005

Creative Ways To Spend Tax $$

I think Max broached this subject in the past, but I am too lazy/stupid to search our archives, so I'm going to shine some more light on it.

Why why why does downtown Chicago need traffic cops (and I use the term very, very loosely) to stand in the Loop intersections, directing motorists and pedestrians to do exactly what they would do if left to follow traffic signals? It's not as if the signals are out of commission, or that the traffic flow is being directed differently; these public servants merely instruct people to go when the light's green and stop when it's red. Hey, thanks for the help!

How much are we paying for this daily assistance?

Not to mention (and here I am mentioning it) that there are certain attributes that appear to be essential to being hired as one of these helpful folks: female, 250+ pounds, disposition of Uncle Charlie from My Three Sons.

posted by the wolf | 2:22 PM
on this

links
contact info
search
archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com